One of my most favorite things about thrifting is thinking of new uses for someone else’s cast-offs. Looking around my office, I see examples galore…an old muffin tin keeps some jewelry organized, a vintage suitcase displays books and magazines, an egg basket keeps dirty laundry contained. It feels so good to give these serviceable things, that could have easily wound up in the trash, a second chance. If you, too, enjoy putting your thrifted finds to use in new ways, consider entering Family Pathways‘ Up-Cycling contest. There are 10 $50 gift certificates up for grabs!
1. Entries must be received between Monday, March 14th and Thursday, March 31st.
2. Entries must contain at least one item purchased at a thrift store.
3. One entry per up-cycler.
4. Each Family Pathways store will choose 10 entries based on their creativity and originality. (If your entry doesn’t make the cut, you can pick it up between April 4-10.)
5. Chosen entries will be voted on by Family Pathways’ customers between April 4-20.
6. The winning entry will be announced on Earth Day, Friday, April 22.
7. Entries not chosen can be picked up by the artist between May 2-8.
8. Family Pathways employees and family members are not eligible to enter.
***You can read all the rules and download a registration form here.***
Want some ideas? Here are some of my favorite resources for up-cycling inspiration: Honestly…WTF, Ready Made, Design*Sponge, A Pair and a Spare, Craft, I Still Love You, New Dress a Day, Crafterholic, Craftster, Creature Comforts, Country Living, Once Wed, Momtastic, Twig & Thistle…there are so many great sites out there, chock-full of ideas.